2010-10-28

AutoCAD 2009 Crashing

I had a lot of issues with AutoCAD 2009 crashing suddenly. Usually when logging back on when the screen-saver would lock the screen. I worked through the issue with Autodesk and come to find that it was a graphics driver issue. I have a Nvidia FX3700 and was using using the latest "approved" driver from Autodesk. Using the "Tune Log" within the "3dconfig" command in AutoCAD, I got a clue to what AutoCAD was doing with its graphics driver. To see the approved driver list go here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/hc?siteID=123112&id=6711853&linkID=9240618
I actually had to install the third oldest driver on the list to get a stable AutoCAD. The second oldest caused Windows blue screens and required me to boot into safe mode to restore it. I would suggest downloading all of the approved drivers before trying, so that they are available on the computer in case the worse happens.

No comments: